Date:      Wed, 20 Nov 1996 17:47:08 -0500
From:      exidor@superior.net (Christopher Masto)
To:        exidor@superior.net (Christopher Masto)
Cc:        chat@freebsd.org, bugs@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Problems with 2.1.6-RELEASE

Two days later:

> ftp.freebsd.org
>   Can't complete download, site is too loaded

Can't connect

> ftp2.freebsd.org
>   2.1.6-RELEASE not present
>   Mirror looks ancient - recent snapshots of 2.2 missing

Nothing has changed - 2.1.6-RELEASE still not present

> ftp3.freebsd.org
>   XFree86 missing from 2.1.6 distribution

Same problem

> ftp4.freebsd.org
>   Does not respond to FTP

Some problem

> ftp5.freebsd.org
>   XFree86 missing from 2.1.6 distribution

Same problem

> ftp6.freebsd.org
>   Many files missing from 2.1.6 distribution

Same problem

> ftp7.freebsd.org
>   unknown host.

2.1.6-RELEASE missing from site.

Maybe the reason Linux is more popular has something to do with the
near-impossibility of obtaining FreeBSD from the net.

(And thanks, I've already got it - I'm posting this to point out the
problem, not to ask for help)
--
Christopher Masto  .   .   .   .   Superior Net Support: support@superior.net
chris@masto.com  .   .   .   .   . Masto Consulting:           info@masto.com

On Wives, those who bark:
 The Faithful watchdog or the good wife standing at the door to welcome the
 home-coming master with honest bark..
 - small town newspaper editor in Wisconsin, mid-1800s.