Date:      Mon, 22 Sep 2003 19:42:32 -0500
From:      "Kevin D. Kinsey, DaleCo, S.P." <kdk@daleco.biz>
To:        chat@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: What are people using for MUA's nowadays?

I might be what you'd call a 'young buck,'
I've been using FBSD on servers for a
scant couple of years.  OTOH, I have
nowhere near the knowledge or experience
that even a BS of CS would have.

Anyway, on the servers ny MUA is
mutt via CLI.  I'm not a power user
there, I'm sure (and it's hard to be on
a dialup connection in the sticks, as we
say in Missouri), but I'd use it over the
other plaintext CLI MUA's I've seen or
tried.

Very, very recently (read, this month) I
decided I had enough working hardware
to run FBSD on the desktop.  My tenative
efforts have brought a good bit of satisfaction.
Right now, I'm thinking that Mozilla's mail
client looks pretty good.  Unlike another
poster, I never fought with Netscrape while
on Windoze...I think that the current model
seems real nice --- I'm using the ported version
1.4

Mozilla's "junk filter" seems to be learning
quite well.  Another couple of days and I'll set
it to autodelete the stuff ... it just started learning
on Friday, so it's even 'noobier' than I.

BTW, if the layout of this mail "inhales swiftly",
you'll be sure and tell me, right?  I'll cc: myself
on a mutt account and check it for myself.  My
brother tells me it looks fine to him.

HAND,

Kevin Kinsey
DaleCo, S.P.