Date:      Thu, 04 Apr 2002 10:34:05 +0800
From:      Vinceido Lipose <lipos@pacific.net.sg>
To:        freebsd-newbies@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   usb floppy drive and 3com pcmcia network card problems

Hi folks,

1.) What is the device name for my USB floppy drive and how do I mount
it ?

This is how I mounted my USB floppy drive. Is it the correct way ?

# mount /dev/da0 /mnt

2.) This is the dmesg output :

uhci0: <Intel 82371AB/EB (PIIX4) USB controller> irq 10 at device 7.2 on

pci0
uhci0: Could not map ports
device_probe_and _attach: uhci0 attach returned 6

I think the cause of this error is that the BIOS on my laptop doesn't
support
USB.
I'm using a HP Omnibook 4150.

Is there any workaround for this ?

3.) I'm using 3Com Megahertz 10/100 LAN Cardbus model 3CCFE575BT.
According to the supported hardware list, this model doesn't seem to be
supported by FreeBSD 4.5. Are there any other alternatives of getting
this
pccard to work ?

Thanks very much ...

--