Date:      Sun, 14 Jul 1996 21:54:23 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Doug White <dwhite@riley-net170-164.uoregon.edu>
To:        "T. William Wells" <bill@twwells.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: rsh problem, 2.1-STABLE

On 13 Jul 1996, T. William Wells wrote:

> Here's an output, somewhat shrunk:
>
> admin@admin: sh -x dodump
> + rsh -n -l root admin /root/bin/make-archive / . -print0
> + dd bs=32k of=/dev/nrst0
> + rsh -n -l root admin /root/bin/make-archive /usr . -print0
> + dd bs=32k of=/dev/nrst0
> admin.cyberenet.net: Connection refused
> + rsh -n -l root admin /root/bin/make-archive /usr2 . -print0
> + dd bs=32k of=/dev/nrst0

This is a noticed problem with some of the r-utilies (rlogin as well).
There is a problem with the session timeout and socket re-usage (or
something like that) that interferes with the daemon restarting
correctly.  I've seen some commits to try and fix those, it's up in the
air if it made it into 2.1.5 or not.