Date:      29 Apr 2000 14:50:55 +0200
From:      Dag-Erling Smorgrav <des@flood.ping.uio.no>
To:        arch@freebsd.org
Subject:   fetch(1)

I've had a fetch(3)-based version of fetch(1) in my tree for nearly a
year... It implements all options except:

 -A (libfetch currently does not follow redirects, this may change
    when I rewrite the http code)

 -b (libfetch does not use code that triggers the bug in question)

 -r (libfetch doesn't know about offsets, but I plan to change that
    soon)

 -t (libfetch does not use code that triggers the bug in question)

and possibly options that have been added to fetch(1) after I last
synched my version with the one in the tree.

I also know of a few bugs that have been fixed in our fetch(1) which I
haven't fixed in my version yet (e.g. support for the year 19100 bug)
but will be as soon as I have an hour or two to work on it.

Size comparison:

                    source code   stripped  binary
  current version    3487 loc      38596 bytes
 libfetch version     533 loc       9852 bytes

So, any arguments for or against importing it into -CURRENT?

DES
--
Dag-Erling Smorgrav - des@flood.ping.uio.no