Date:      Mon, 12 Aug 1996 09:10:54 -0600
From:      Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
To:        Don Yuniskis <dgy@rtd.com>
Cc:        hasty@rah.star-gate.com (Amancio Hasty), hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Dallas Semiconductors RTC?

: > Say does anyone know of motherboards which carries Dallas Semiconductors
: > Real Time Clock module?
:
: Hmmm... don't have a Dallas databook handy but my understanding was that
: this (or at least *one* of their products like this!) fit piggyback
: (actually, piggybelly) onto an existing ROM...

They also make plug compatible replaces that usually have a cool new
feature or two added in.  I have one in a MIPS PC motherboard, for
example, that also stores the EISA bus configuration information.

Warner