Date:      Thu, 21 Sep 2000 14:55:32 -0600 (MDT)
From:      ML Duke <mlduke@concentric.net>
To:        David Johnson <djohnson@acuson.com>
Cc:        Joe Warner <jswarner@uswest.net>, freebsd-advocacy@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-newbies@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Just Imagine..

Microsoft? "embrace/extend Unix"???

More likely, they would attempt to turn it into "windows 9000, 'the
_new_ and _IMPROVED_' Unix". Then we would have available a Unix
OS that would mis-manage the disk, lock up, crash/burn and the
public would become Unix "aware".

And, since it (the new improved OS) would operate
"normally," the public would now embrace Unix for the first
time and they would _love_ it--cause bill & the boys in Redmond
say they should. New applications would be written: TeX would
become MsX and run on the new Unix only and have one typeface,
and would only require reinstallation once per 100 page
manuscript--an "awesome" breakthrough. X would become M and
have clouds in the "sky". Pine would become ... well, Pine
would have to go. Corel nor Wordstar would work, Netscape
would have to burn and no alternative but to scrap vi....
and it would become miwordpad ... with a GUI ... grep
could be msrepfind ... and ....

(Sorry, couldn't help myself).

ML Duke