Date:      Tue, 23 Nov 2004 16:58:45 -0800
From:      Jim Pazarena <fmobile@ccstores.com>
To:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   internal ethernet not found  Fujitsu Lifebook N5010

I have a brand new Fujitsu Lifebook N5010. FreeBSD 5.3 doesn't
recognize the internal ethernet. Looking at historical posts,
I see two others posted similar questions in the summer. With
no positive response.

The sad thing is that I tried SuSe, Knoppix and Mepis, and they
all "auto-configure" the ethernet. I'm not flaming FBSD, heck I've got
8 FBSD servers and I wouldn't run _anything_ else, but setting up a
laptop is a nightmare.

Can anyone point me in a direction which will get my ethernet going?
Yes, I can use a PCMCIA ethernet card (which I have), but it's a
shame to not be able to use the built-in ethernet.

TIA
Jim Pazarena