Date:      Sat, 20 Jul 1996 15:27:47 -0700
From:      Erik Karas <ekaras@CHS.CUSD.Claremont.Edu>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Install Troubles

I have having problems getting the ppp program to connect to
my isp using PAP authentication. I have looked in newsgroup
archives and the mail list archives but with no real success.
I have tried it with both of my isp's and I can't get it to
work with either of them.   I can get it to dial and connect
but not to authenticate and put me into PPP mode.
I have enabled pap set my name and password.  set openmode
active, disabled and denied lqr and pred1 ..   I've had
lots of experience with pppd but I can't seem to get this
to work at all.

Thanks for any help I'm sure this has been answered somewhere
before..

Erik