Date:      Mon, 09 Oct 2000 00:58:13 -0400
From:      Bigwillie <mvanberk@optonline.net>
To:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ipf vs. ipfw ?

At 04:43 PM 10/8/00 , you wrote:
>On Sun, Oct 08, 2000 at 02:59 -0700, matthew zeier wrote:
> >
> > Can anyone tell me the differences between ipf and ipfw ?
> > Which is "better" ?
I started with ipfw, and as a newbie to this whole unix stuff, firewall
rules were cryptic.  I had an open firewall for about 2 months then I heard
about ipf.  My question was how simple can rules be written.  I came to
find out, its damn easy.  I now have a firewall/nat solution with ipf/ipnat
where the rules are a little bit more like plain english.  My 2cents........
Thanks Darren R, and the FBSD collective.

Steiny's Studio
Pachyderm Productions
http://steiny.hypermart.net
mailto:info@steiny.hypermart.net