Date:      Sat, 19 Oct 2002 12:08:07 +0200
From:      Michael Nottebrock <michaelnottebrock@gmx.net>
To:        "Long, Scott" <Scott_Long@adaptec.com>
Cc:        "'Kent Stewart'" <kstewart@owt.com>, Will Andrews <will@csociety.org>, Scott Long <scott_long@btc.adaptec.com>, current@FreeBSD.ORG, ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: cdrtools doesn't build on -current

--------------enigD6545AE245A650E85431DD68

Long, Scott wrote:
> All I'm asking is that ports maintainers make
> an effort to maintain their ports.  Will's accertation that it's an
> all or nothing issue is certainly not productive, and neither is the
> 'us versus them' inuendo here.

The single one -CURRENT vs. -STABLE difference that causes many easy to
fix breakages is really gcc. Port-maintainers are quite the pigs in the
middle when ports break because of gcc3's pickyness, the original
authors of the ported software might not use (or care) gcc3 themselves
and not every port-maintainer has access to a -CURRENT machine to
provide selfmade patches.

--
Michael Nottebrock
"And the reasons? There are no reasons."

--------------enigD6545AE245A650E85431DD68