Date:      Sun, 07 Jul 2002 21:03:23 -0700
From:      Terry Lambert <tlambert2@mindspring.com>
To:        Marcus Reid <marcus-freebsd-chat@blazingdot.com>
Cc:        freebsd-chat@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Remove UUCP from default install?

Marcus Reid wrote:
> I don't know if this has been considered recently, but how well liked
> is the idea of removing UUCP from the default install and putting it
> into the ports tree?
>
> It seems to me that it's probably not very well used, is the source of
> the occasional security problem, and just adds steps to securing a box.

I don't know if this has been considered recently, but how well liked
is the ide of removing SSH from the default install and putting it
into the ports tree?

It seems to me that it's the source of at least one very recent well
documented security problem, and just adds steps to being able to use
a box in the first place... even UUCP hasn't has a vulnerability
announcement as recently as SSH.

-- Terry