Date:      Fri, 2 Aug 1996 23:37:55 -0700 (PDT)
From:      "Rodney W. Grimes" <rgrimes@GndRsh.aac.dev.com>
To:        frankd@yoda.fdt.net (Frank Seltzer)
Cc:        freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Parity errors during install

> On Fri, 2 Aug 1996, Rodney W. Grimes wrote:
>
> > Is your scsi bus properly terminated?
>
> Yes, at the Adaptec and the Micropolis HD - both have active termination
> built in according to the documentation.

Built in yes, enabled by default on the 2940 (it's easy enough to check
this one, it is right in the SCSIselect menus), disabled by default
on the MC4421 (the manual is wrong, everyone of these I have seen comes
with the termination disabled).  W4 should be installed to enable termination,
just in case you don't have the manual handy.

> > What kind of condition is your SCSI cable in?
>
> Brand new.

But is it known good?  :-)