Date:      Wed, 10 Jul 2002 21:40:29 -0700
From:      Gregory Sutter <gsutter@daemonnews.org>
To:        Terry Lambert <tlambert2@mindspring.com>
Cc:        freebsd-chat@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: 2u freebsd box and riser card drivers

--S1BNGpv0yoYahz37

On 2002-07-10 13:42 -0700, Terry Lambert <tlambert2@mindspring.com> wrote:
>=20
> On a related note, I've been looking for a 1U case and riser that can
> handle 2 cards (one right-side-up, the other up-side-down), i.e. the
> cards go on opposite sides of the riser, with their connectors facing
> each other:
>=20
>                 riser
>    card 1    ---.   ,---   card 2
> --------------- |-+-| ---------------
>              ---' | `---
>                 | | |
>                 |   |     motherboard
> ----------------+---+------------------------------
>=20
> Anyone seen something like this?  Preferrably, both 32 and 64 bit
> versions...

The only one I've ever seen is this (see last item):

http://bsdmall.eracks.com/eRacks/chassis

I can vouch for the vendor, too. eRacks is a BSD friendly vendor
and a hardware partner of Daemon News.  They build excellent
systems in any configuration you want, and also have a whole
line of preinstalled, preconfigured servers for www service,
firewalls, storage servers, database servers...  I imagine in
many cases the servers could be racked and ready with very
little configuration.  They get very specific; the web category,
for example, has a zope server, a store server with ecommerce
software, an ssl server with hardware crypto card, and a standard
web server with webmin and webalizer preinstalled.

When you use the above URL, bsdmall.eracks.com, rather than
eRacks' base URL when you make a purchase, Daemon News gets
credit for the referral.

Greg
--=20
Gregory S. Sutter                       mailto:gsutter@daemonnews.org