Date:      Sat, 20 Jul 1996 22:46:25 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Steven Grupsmith <grup@bigdog.fred.net>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   PPP in sysinstall

I am trying to install FreeBSD Release 2.1.5 using the PPP installation.
I have a 28.8 internal modem on Com 4 , IRQ 3, port 2e8.  When I run the
config program the new kernel recognizes the modem on Com 4.  However,
when I get to the part of the FTP installation where I'm using PPP on Com
4, I can't communicate with the modem with 'at' commands or to dial.
I've tried going into term, starting packet mode, changing the baud rate
from 115200 to 57600 to 38400.  Nothing I've tried works.  What is the
procedure at this part of the installation?  The online help and
documentation for the PPP portion of the installation is extremely limited.
Thanks