Date:      Sun, 13 Oct 2002 23:26:39 +0300
From:      Giorgos Keramidas <keramida@freebsd.org>
To:        Andre Hall <ahall@pcgameauthority.com>
Cc:        Pete Carah <pete@ns.altadena.net>, current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Yet another new preventer of cross-builds

On 2002-10-11 15:22, Andre Hall <ahall@pcgameauthority.com> wrote:
> That looks like the same error message I've been getting going from
> 4.6 to 4.7. I have one machine that went to through the build fine.
> But the machine that I'm working on now dies at the make buildworld
> with the same type message.

I have recently installed 4.4-RELEASE and upgraded from source to
5.0-CURRENT.  There were a few bumpy points along the way that I
needed to be extra careful about, but I did make it without making
any manual modifications to the source code of /usr/src.

Note, by the way, that current@freebsd.org is not the proper list for
asking questions about 4.x releases and versions of FreeBSD :/

> Any suggestions on how to get around this?

Look below for a list of CVSup tags for the releases and versions
mentioned in the next paragraph.

Install 4.6-RELEASE and use it to build 4.6.2-RELEASE.  Then, use
4.6.2-RELEASE to build 4.6-STABLE.  Then use 4.6-STABLE to build
4.7-RELEASE.  That should work fine...

    FreeBSD version     CVSup tag
    4.6-RELEASE         RELENG_4_6_0_RELEASE
    4.6.2-RELEASE       RELENG_4_6_2_RELEASE
    4.6-STABLE          RELENG_4_6
    4.7-RELEASE         RELENG_4_7_0_RELEASE

--
keramida@FreeBSD.org       FreeBSD: The Power to Serve
FreeBSD 5.0-CURRENT #12: Thu Oct 10 21:08:38 EEST 2002