Date:      Wed, 20 Aug 2003 19:22:44 -0400
From:      "akanwar@digitarchy.com" <akanwar@digitarchy.com>
To:        freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org
Subject:   acpi needed to control fans on HP Proliant

Hi all,
=20
I run FreeBSD 4=2E8-RELEASE on about 70 i386 boxes=2E Now we are evaluatin=
g a
HP Proliant DL360 G3 servers for BSD compatability=2E

All seems good except except the fact that the fans in the server run full=

steam all the time (and they are LOUD)=2E My HP rep tells me that if I
install Windows on this box, it will automatically control fan speed via
acpi=2E

How do I do the same in FreeBSD 4=2E8 ?=20

I do not see any "acpi0" messages in the dmesg=2E

Thanks for your time,

-ansh

http://mail2web=2Ecom/ =2E