Date:      Sat, 20 Jul 1996 22:42:49 -0700
From:      "Neil C. Jensen" <njensen@salsa.habaneros.com>
To:        "'Neil C. Jensen'" <njensen@salsa.habaneros.com>, "'questions@freebsd.org'" <questions@freebsd.org>
Cc:        "'asami@cs.berkeley.edu'" <asami@cs.berkeley.edu>
Subject:   RE: 2.1.5R and ccd questions

Sorry for the long post, I thought I'd include the info
below for reference....

1 . I've been attempting to get disk mirroring working
following the directions below. I can make it to the point
where I create the 1-disk ccd, however, I have troubles
disklabeling it. When I attempt "disklabel -w -r ccd0 auto"
I get back "disklabel: open(): No such file or directory".
The man pages for disklabel mention that there may be
problems with this, but do not give any solutions. Does
anyone know how to make this work so I can label ccd0?

BTW, I tried going ahead anyway and editiing the disklabel
using "disklabel -e ccd", but this created errors if I just
tried to label the e & f partitions. The man pages stated that
some drivers only would work with "a" paritions for unlabeled
disks and I tried that as well without success.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Neil Jensen
Habanero Studios
Vancouver, Canada