Date:      Sun, 29 Oct 2000 20:11:38 -0500
From:      Caleb Land <bokonon@rochester.rr.com>
To:        cjclark@alum.mit.edu
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Gawk and Guile port problems

--sm4nu43k4a2Rpi4c

On Sun, Oct 29, 2000 at 11:38:30AM -0800, Crist J . Clark wrote:
> But the gawk in the base FreeBSD system (yes, the 'awk' in FreeBSD is
> really gawk) is,

	Well, that makes it even more strange.  Is there a reason why
the port would core dump but the version installed with the system
would work correctly?  I suppose that it really doesn't matter, then,
since the port isn't needed, but this is more puzzling than before :)

>=20
> The gawk port is only really needed if you are using an ancient
> (gawk 3.0.4 was released June of 1999) FreeBSD version and need to
> upgrade gawk. At least, that is my impression of what it is there
> for.

Thanks for the information.

--=20
Sincerely,