Date:      Wed, 19 Jul 2000 14:32:16 -0700
From:      "Hank Wethington" <bsd@info-logix.com>
To:        "Nick Evans" <nevans@nextvenue.com>, "BSD" <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   RE: backing up

We expect about 5-8 gb of back up data on a full back-up. Unfortunately, the
site is over 3.5 hours away, so removing tapes or anything else is not
really an option except for maybe quarterly. That is actually why I'm
thinking along the lines of using a hard drive. Failure rates are lower,
transfer speeds are faster, and data retrieval is much quicker.

Is it possible to back up to a hard drive?

hank