Date:      Wed, 11 Jun 2008 06:34:22 -0700 (PDT)
From:      "Dr. Jennifer Nussbaum" <bg271828@yahoo.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: libcdio upgrade problems

>Im trying to upgrade some ports, and have a problem with libcdio.
 At
 least i
>think i do.
>
>When i try to upgrade, say, Nautilus (or a buncha other things), it
 dies in
>the
>end with a "libcdio-0.78.2_2 is already installed. You may wish to
 make
>deinstall"
>etc. message.
>
>But i did go to /usr/ports/sysytils/libcdio and make deinstall and
 make
>reinstall,
>and this was successful. I sync'd the ports collection again, but
 no
 luck.
>Nothing
>in UPDATING about this.
>
>Thanks!
I've run into similar experiences with other ports, and what I have
 done
to get it to work is to deinstall the complaining port (in this
 instance
libcdio), and let the original port install it as a dependency instead
of doing a "make reinstall".

Im afraid this didnt work either--whether libcdio is installed or not
(and installing it seems to work fine), any other port that
requires it tells me that it is installed and need to be
make deinstalled and make reinstalled. Yet this doesnt work.

Is there any other brute-force way to get around this? This
is getting difficult.

Thanks again, everyone.

Jen