Date:      Mon, 26 Jun 1995 03:40:26 +0100
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@freebsd.org>
To:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   General call - please help the doc project!

I know you're probably sick of me saying this, but I'll say it anyway.

The FreeBSD Documentation Project desperately needs volunteers and
contributions of material!  John has really made some significant
strides lately with the handbook (see http://www.freebsd.org) but
can't keep that kind of momentum going without solid contributions
from the user community.

Contributions also need not be something earth-shatteringly involved
or difficult as any level of contribution is welcomed, from simple
proof-reading to entire manuals.  Have you been using FreeBSD for
anything interesting in your daily work, or have any testimonials to
share about your experiences with FreeBSD?  Check out
http://freefall.cdrom.com/What/uses.html and submit your own entry!
There are only *four* entries there, and I'm quite positive that there
are more than 4 people world-wide with something nice to say about
FreeBSD! :-) It takes just a few minutes to jot down a testimonial,
and those of you who like to see your names in print will also get
that privilege for a very small investment! :)

Feeling generous?  Write a short tutorial on something you've done
recently in FreeBSD that you found difficult yet doesn't seem to be
described anywhere.  If 1/100'th of the people using FreeBSD submitted
such tutorials, we'd soon have every single aspect of the system
completely documented!  I'm sure many of you feel positive about
FreeBSD, so consider this a chance to give just a little back.  We're
not asking for a book, just a couple of pages!  :-)

Have even less time than this?  Then take just a few minutes to browse
the web pages and send your comments and/or corrections to
www@freebsd.org.  I'm sure John will appreciate it!

Finally, for all you artists or GIF pack-rats out there, the pages
could use a few more images!  We're not going to go image-crazy here
(you folks in Europe can relax again :-) but it'd be nice to have a
pool of artwork available for the occasional bit of sprucing up.

Artwork that makes a nice logo for some existing web page is also
always welcome.  A daemon reading a book could, for example, be at the
top of the FAQ page.  We recently received a picture of a daemon with
his tail on fire and a long fuse going to a bomb, which we'll use for
the bug reporting page (when it appears).  You get the idea, I'm sure!
:-)

Above all, remember:  The FreeBSD web pages are YOUR resource, and only
you can help make them a better one.

Thanks!!

					Jordan