Date:      Wed, 02 Aug 2006 16:22:48 -0400
From:      Ron Clark <rsclark@kingwoodcable.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Cc:        Ron.Clark@eaglegl.com
Subject:   Mysql from ports

   Good day all,

    I am building a new server and need Mys= ql. I have tried to install
   4.1 server and 5.0 server. Both error out durin= g the build. I try to
   restart the install and it installs, but then will no= t start because
   /var/log/mysql directory does not exist. I create the direc= tory and
   try to restart, to no avail.

    Is there a version of My= sql that can be installed with out errors?
   Are there steps that  am mi= ssing to make this run? I have installed
   Mysql from ports before with no er= rors, so this is new.

    Thanks in advance,

   Ron C

   Fr= eeBSD 5.5-STABLE #0: Tue Aug  1 17:59:18 CDT 2006
   [DEL: :DEL]
   =