Date:      Thu, 7 Jun 2001 21:48:18 +0300 (EEST)
From:      Giorgos Keramidas <keramidi@otenet.gr>
To:        Robert Clark <res03db2@gte.net>
Cc:        Rick Hamell <hamellr@heorot.1nova.com>, Michael Lucas <mwlucas@blackhelicopters.org>, <freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: BSD direction/Damonnews article

On Wed, 6 Jun 2001, Robert Clark wrote:

> I have a hard time believing that a foreign government
> interested in national defense is going to care at all
> about what kind of license an OS is released under.
>
> [RC]

Well, at times, I have heard arguments like:

  o   Windows is created by an American company.

  o   The source is not open, therefore it may be 'hiding' stuff that we do
      not know and never will find out about.

  o   If they wanted, they could place hooks for remotely controlling our
      programs.

and other things that are more or less paranoid.

When you are at war, I guess, everything is important.
Especially what software you use to run the whole thing.

-giorgos