Date:      Wed, 1 Nov 2000 09:54:23 +0300
From:      Igor Roboul <igor@raduga.dyndns.org>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: beginners with bsd

On Wed, Nov 01, 2000 at 01:26:24AM -0500, Tim McMillen wrote:
> Well, install it first.  Maybe get a computer savvy friend to install it
> for you.  Or buy a system that has it already on it.  Once it is installed
> if you use one of the desktops like KDE or GNOME you should be ok
If he had not used Windows, he does not need KDE or GNOME. They can look
reasonable comfortable for Windows users, but for newscomer ?
I think, that MacOS X is reasonable good advice, but he can feel comfortable
even with command line :-) Easy of use, and easy for work IS NOT same as
GUI :-)

--
Igor Roboul, Unix System Administrator & Programmer @ sanatorium "Raduga",
Sochi, Russia