Date:      Mon, 15 Feb 1999 08:14:53 +0000 (GMT)
From:      Terry Lambert <tlambert@primenet.com>
To:        jgrosch@mooseriver.com
Cc:        brett@lariat.org, jasone@canonware.com, hasty@rah.star-gate.com, grog@lemis.com, kline@tera.com, freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Brett Glass and reality (was: Windows Refund Day: Watch out for  Linux tactics)

> > I agree. The Linux "faithful" are engaging in zealotry by refusing to
> > allow users of commercial operating systems to participate
> > WITH them in the Windows Refund Day event. We should advocate
> > that people do the right thing instead.
>
> I don't know about other Linux people but here in the Bay Area this is
> _NOT_ the case. I know for a fact that the SCO, Solaris, OS/2, and BeOs
> people have been invited to participate. They have all been asked several
> times. The SCO and Solaris people have told us that they will be there. I
> have no idea what happened with the OS/2 people but the BeOs people just
> can't seem to muster up a few people to show up.

You need to read the FAQ; Brett is right.  From:

http://hugin.imat.com/refund/faq/

Q: Are users of proprietary non-Microsoft OSes on Intel, such as BeOS,
   SolarisX86, SCO UnixWare, OS/2, QNX, and NeXTstep for Intel (to name
   a few) also welcome?

A: This is an initiative of and by the open-source software community.
   We welcome separate efforts by users of proprietary OSes, who would
   certainly have an equally valid claim. If you hear of such an effort
   or want to start one, please contact arlo@linuxmafia.com, and we'll
   be glad to assist (e.g., share information and link to your Web site).

Apparently VA Research is making and distributing T-shirts for
coming to the refund day.  From the wording, I think they may
specifically be Linux T-shirts, and that you have to show up
at one of the car-pool points to get one (e.g., they may not
give them out at the site if you didn't come with them).  This
would definitely provide higher visibility by providing Linux
branded "uniforms".

					Terry Lambert
					terry@lambert.org
---