Date:      Mon, 09 Oct 2000 00:42:06 -0600
From:      Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
To:        Scott Dodson <sdodson@beoclu-01.phy.gasou.edu>
Cc:        Jon Paterson <jpaterson@itchannel.net>, "'freebsd-stable@freebsd.org'" <freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Correct sequence for keeping a 4.1 system stable.

In message <Pine.BSF.4.21.0010090237090.8019-100000@beoclu-01.phy.gasou.edu> Scott Dodson writes:
: Has anyone else had problems following this method?  I've only had
: success with building world, installing world, building and then of course
: installing the kernel  Everytime i've tried it as described in UPDATING,
: i've gotten many errors.  Never had a problem doing it the way i've
: described.

The updating that I quoted was for 4.0->newer.  I've not had problems
with it.  Last time I upgraded a 3.5 system to 4.1-stable I had lots
of problems similar to what your long message described working
around.  I've not had time to update UPDATING and to test things out.

Warner