Date:      Wed, 20 Aug 1997 10:12:29 -0400 (EDT)
From:      "Eric A. Griff" <eagriff@global2000.net>
To:        dkelly@hiwaay.net
Cc:        freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Burning CDs

On 15-Aug-97 dkelly@hiwaay.net spewed out Re: Burning CDs>(moved to chat)

>> > Not sure ... haven't done this .. YET ... (making some more Frisbees :) )
>>
>> I use the crunched ones for saving my table: I put my glass onto it...
>> (I don't know the english word. In german it would be "Untersetzer" or
>> "Bierdeckel")
>
>We call them "coasters" in American, at least that's what my mother calls
>them. Don't know why, it doesn't make much sense to me.
>
>Happen to have a couple AOL CD's at work that I use to sit hot coffee cups
>on. A gulible person once asked about that, I explained the shiny aluminum
>layer in the CD was a space age reflective insulator...
>
>Actually it simply tickled my fancy to use an AOL disk that way (haven't
>been to the shooting range lately, they frown on shooting anything but
>their paper targets). Am now looking for a Windows NT CDROM...  :-)
>
>--
>David Kelly N4HHE, dkelly@hiwaay.net
>The human mind ordinarily operates at only ten percent of its
>capacity -- the rest is overhead for the operating system.

I don't feel so different anymore :)
        I use aol and prodigy disks for dog toys :) . I have a couple large
dogs, that like to come into my office fighting for attention
(extremely distracting) once in a while.
        When they do, I grab one off a small stack of them, go out to
the front door (they follow still fighting (moderatly)) and fling it as
far as I can. They take off. It occupies them for a while, and when they
come back in, they're too tired to continue :) .
        I must commend AOL and prodigy on jointly being sure there is an
addequate supply. Gus and Cookie are greatful too (The dogs).

Eric A. Griff <eagriff@global2000.net>
RD#1 Box 372
Oneida, NY 13421
Phone: (315) 495-2385