Date:      Sun, 25 Jun 1995 23:04:24 -0400
From:      "Danny J. Zerkel" <dzerkel@feephi.phofarm.com>
To:        jkh@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Announcing 2.0.5-950622-SNAP

> Well, this has been simplified to a great extent by /etc/sysconfig.
> It's my intention that ALL of the mutable files in /etc eventually
> collapse to just /etc/sysconfig, and there's never any reason at all
> for the user to modify the others.

Well, I regularly turn of lpd...  but that's in rc, so I guess a flag
for that would help.  How would we handle things that currently I put
into rc.local (httpd)?

There are a bunch of config files in /etc, I don't think all can be
collapsed.  /etc/remote, /etc/ttys, come to mind.

Good goal, though.

Danny J. Zerkel
Photon Farmers
http://www.phofarm.com/