Date:      Sun, 28 May 1995 05:18:55 -0700 (PDT)
From:      "Rodney W. Grimes" <rgrimes@gndrsh.aac.dev.com>
To:        jhs@vector.eikon.e-technik.tu-muenchen.de (Julian Howard Stacey)
Cc:        asami@FreeBSD.org, ports@FreeBSD.org, gj@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Hylafax - a patch to fix the broken port, tested against ctm444.

> CC Readers:
> 	If you don't want to wait for the CVS + CTM delay, grabs it now.
> 	My unbroken original Hylafax port also remains in freefall:~jhs
> 	(this never got sent to ctm recipients, as between my original commit
> 	& the ctm 0438 transmission, someone broke it.

I see a real problem here, the file patch-aa will never contain the
$Header$ strings you commit due to the way cvs works!!  I will probably
have to nuke the current patch-aa,v file.  Import a correct one and then
do a cvs admin -ko on it so that all RCS strings are left untouched by
cvs on check out.

This is neither Julian's or Satashi's fault that this problem arrose, it
was a misunderstanding of just what CVS is going to do to this patch
file and requires a repository manager (mangler if you prefer) to make
it work correctly.

> Julian Stacey  <jhs@freebsd.org>  Tel. +49 89 268616.   Fax Modem: 2608126
> 		http://www.regent.e-technik.tu-muenchen.de/people/jhs.html
>
> *** /usr3/ports/comms/hylafax.ctm444/patches/patch-aa	Mon May 22 15:21:15 1995
> --- /usr3/ports/comms/hylafax.jhs/patches/patch-aa	Sun May 21 19:36:59 1995
> ***************

DO NOT ATTEMPT TO COMMIT THIS PATCH, it will not do what you think it will
do.  The $Header$ and $Id$ strings will change to 1.2, not what you want
them to!!

I will look closely at the patch and see if I can do the patch in such
a way that it applies cleanly without looking at the RCS strings (either
narrow the context diff with a -c 2 or -c 1, or possible use a unidiff
format).

Can you give me the original ``clean'' full version of the patch-aa file
as it should be to apply to the fetched port files.

This will take me some time to resolve, as I will have to fetch the
bits over a 28.8K line :-(.