Date:      Tue, 15 Aug 2000 21:01:53 +0100
From:      =?utf-8?B?S29zdGVyLCBLLkou?= <K.J.Koster@kpn.com>
To:        =?utf-8?B?J0p1c3RlbiBTdGVwa2En?= <jstepka@webprogrammers.net>
Cc:        =?utf-8?B?J0ZyZWVCU0QgSmF2YSBtYWlsaW5nIGxpc3Qn?= <freebsd-java@freebsd.org>
Subject:   =?utf-8?B?UkU6IGJ1aWxkIHByb2JsZW1zICh3YXM6IEJpbmFyeSBBbHBoYSBE?= =?utf-8?B?aXN0ID8p?=

> This still doesn't answer why we can't get a binary version
> of the 1.2.2 JDK!

Sun allows us to release a binary release for the JDK as soon as we have
tested it for compliancy with Sun's JCK test suite. Nate Williams is going
to perform the actual tests, and you are warmly invited to help sort out and
fix the problems we find. :-)

> And damn it,

No need to be rude. :-)

> I want J2EE for FBSD too!

If you will work on porting it, I will happily assist with documenting and
testing it.

    Kees Jan

 TV is the worst  of both  worlds.  It's not  as
 good at words  as radio is because the pictures
 are a distraction  which demand  attention, and
 it's not as good as cinema because the pictures
 are not nearly as good.
                                 Douglas Adams