Date:      Sat, 29 Jan 2005 16:35:32 -0500
From:      Johnny Lam <jlam@NetBSD.org>
To:        Jeremy Messenger <mezz7@cox.net>
Cc:        perl@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: [HEADS UP] perl symlinks in /usr/bin will be gone

Jeremy Messenger wrote:

> Please create an option to allow us install Perl with the symlinks in
> /usr/bin/. I ain't going to edit all third-party Perl files. I do agree
> for ports shouldn't touch in /usr/bin/, but as for Perl it's special
> that  has been in /usr/bin/ for years.

Wouldn't it be cleaner if there was a separate perl-symlinks package
that created symlinks from /usr/local/bin/perl to /usr/bin/perl?  This
would make creating symlinks happen regardless of whether you install
from a binary package versus installing from the /usr/ports.

	Cheers,

	-- Johnny Lam <jlam@NetBSD.org>