Date:      Wed, 14 Apr 2004 21:43:47 -0700
From:      "Ron Leedy" <rflii@speakeasy.net>
To:        <fscked@pacbell.net>, <freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org>, <owner-baylisa@baylisa.org>
Subject:   RE: Hams Report 85-mile 802.11b File Transfers @ Oregon

The design I used to implement an 802.11g network at my company is that =
it
the access points connect to a DMZ zone.  The users who want to use it
access the DMZ and then using a VPN client may gain access to the =
corporate
network.  The VPN access is RAS based off the AD. Using AD policies, I =
can
limit (or not) users to the areas they need to access. This is a pain to =
the
casual consultant but the standard installation of our laptops include =
the
VPN client.

-Ron

s optimized for operation in the 2.4 gHz frequency.
>=20
> People operating 802.11b networks in corporate environments,=20
> take note -=20
> your networks can probably be monitored from anywhere within a few=20
> [dozen?] miles of the antenna, depending upon obstructions,=20
> and perhaps=20
> from over the horizon, as well.
>=20
> Regards,