Date:      Sun, 29 Oct 2000 12:13:12 -0800
From:      "Crist J . Clark" <cjclark@reflexnet.net>
To:        Maarten van Schie <AnEra@dds.nl>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: funproxy

On Sun, Oct 29, 2000 at 08:37:31PM +0100, Maarten van Schie wrote:
> I'm running 4.1.1-STABLE as of last night and everything works just fine.
> Except for one thing:
>
> Proto Recv-Q Send-Q  Local Address        Foreign Address      (state)
> tcp4       0      0  localhost.funkproxy  localhost.1506       ESTABLISHED
> tcp4       0      0  localhost.1506       localhost.funkproxy  ESTABLISHED
>
> I found that this port is used by some piece of windoze software which can
> remotely administer winboxes....
>

> I certainly do not use it since I do not windoze and I can't figure out
> why my system could or would be using this established connection.
>
> Any help will be appreciated,

Do a 'sockstat' to see what process is using that connection. It
almost surely has nothing to do with 'funkproxy.' If you check the
numbers, funkproxy is port 1505 so that connection is between ports
1505 and 1506. It is likely those numbers just happened to be next in
line whenever the process using them needed to make connection.