Date:      Tue, 27 Jul 1999 13:40:11 -0700
From:      "R.P. Aditya" <aditya@dnai.com>
To:        atm@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        Mark Tinguely <tinguely@plains.NoDak.edu>
Subject:   Re: NIC questions

> home stations:
>
> another driving force for ATM in FreeBSD is xDSL services. DSL uses SNAP/LLC
> (which appears to be real easy addition) and/or PPP over ATM (a kernel-only
> implementation would be moderately easy). some vendors claim support for
> RFC2225 (was RFC1577) Classic IP over ATM and Native ATM, but IMO, these
> are could-a, should-a would-a marketing talk.

www.xpeed.com -- they claim to have a PCI NIC with drivers for *BSD (vaporware
as far as I can tell, so far) that will have SDSL support by the end of the
year for Nokia/DiamondLane DSLAMs (they currently support Copper Mountain
DSLAMs). I'd like to do PPP-over-ATM with such NICs and a
kernel-only-implementation would be wonderful...

Thanks,
Adi