Date:      Fri, 19 Aug 2005 08:06:36 -0500
From:      jmc <jcagle@gmail.com>
To:        Uzi <uzi@bmby.com>
Cc:        freebsd-database@freebsd.org, freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD hardware solution for a database server

For the best database-write performance on the DL380G4, make sure you
have the Battery-Backed Write Cache (BBWC) option.

The more spindles you have, the better.  Are you using all 6 drive
bays in the 380?  Make sure they're all Ultra320 drives.  15K will
give the best performance, but the 10K drives aren't too shabby.=20
RAID0 will give the best performance, but it's not redundant.  Next is
RAID1, then RAID5 or ADG.

You might also try a DL385 (dual socket Opteron) or DL585 (quad socket
Opteron) which will give you either 4 or 8 procs (if they are dual
core).

Regards,
John
http://people.freebsd.org/~jcagle/

On 8/19/05, Uzi <uzi@bmby.com> wrote:
> Hi
>=20
> I am looking for a FreeBSD 5.4 hardware/configuration solutions for a MyS=
QL