Date:      Tue, 16 Jan 2007 04:47:48 +0100
From:      Stevan Tiefert <stevan-tiefert@t-online.de>
To:        freebsd-chat@freebsd.org
Subject:   Security Patches for Port Applications in Releases

Hello list,

I installed the new release 6.2 on my workstation. I installed also portaudit
and run it immediatly afterwards. What have I to see? 5 vulnerable packages
in my release.

My questions:
- Why can I update FreeBSD with security-patches and the Release-Packages have
no security-patches?
- What are then the advantages of release-packages/ports to current-ports if I
can not update release-packages with security-patches?
- Is an security-patch-update-system for release-packages/ports planned?

With regards
Stevan Tiefert