Date:      Wed, 25 Aug 2004 11:33:34 -0500
From:      Jacques Vidrine <nectar@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Oliver Eikemeier <eikemeier@fillmore-labs.com>
Cc:        Tom Rhodes <trhodes@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Re: making <description> optional

On Aug 23, 2004, at 10:10 AM, Oliver Eikemeier wrote:
> I have a supplementary databases that are as much `personal' as vuxml
> is. The portaudit text database has been announced and documented as
> mentioned in a previous discussion.

I'm sorry, I couldn't find that text (`Please contact [...]') anywhere
in portaudit.txt or related files.  Now I realize that is generated in
the pages at ~eik/portaudit.  I think we're on the same page now.

> Anyway, I think making the entry optional would be the best solution,
> but if you prefer a placeholder, we can keep `Please contact the
> FreeBSD Security Team for more information'.

I prefer an actual description, but OK :-)

> Whatever you like. Simply using dummy values is fine with me.

For the sake of harmony, let's agree that setting
<discovery>unknown</discovery> is acceptable for now.  Gimme a few days
to check that stuff doesn't break when processing said entry.

Cheers,
--
Jacques A Vidrine / NTT/Verio
nectar@celabo.org / jvidrine@verio.net / nectar@freebsd.org