Date:      Tue, 30 May 1995 13:20:48 +0400 (GMT+0400)
From:      Anthony Graphics <agl@mac.glas.apc.org>
To:        "Rodney W. Grimes" <rgrimes@gndrsh.aac.dev.com>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: 950412 hangs on ncr0 probing:

tOn Tue, 30 May 1995, Rodney W. Grimes wrote:

> Can you please send me ALL of the markings on both the top and
> the bottom of the chip.  I have an open incident number with Intel
> on this and need that information to add to the report.  If possible
> get your hands on a stepping 1 CPU and see if the problem just goes
> away.

Top markings:
Intel(r)
IntelDX4 tm
iCOMP tm index=435

A80486DX4-100
| C405053W
| &E 3VOLT SX900
| INTEL (M)(C)'89'93

Marks on the Bottom (on the pin's grid side):
A4212608CA
White label: WARRANTY VOID IF TORN
13080595

Don't know what's under the label: and I checked it twice,
so the possibility of mistake here is minimal.
AGL
> I need *ALL* the numbers, both top and bottom.  If there is a white
> tag on the bottom of the CPU that says warranty void if removed do
> not remove it.  If you have a warranty on the CPU chip take it back
> and get a stepping 1 CPU from who ever you got it from.

Ok, I have another DX100 in the production machine under Linux, will have
to wait until the non-pick hours to check the stepping of it
(/proc/cpuinfo in linux ain't reporting stepping) Btw can you tell me
what's stepping (I have in turn to explain to our suppliers I suspect). Is
it something like release?

SY,
AGL