Date:      Wed, 29 Dec 2004 18:21:07 -0600
From:      Nikolas Britton <freebsd@nbritton.org>
To:        freebsd-www@freebsd.org
Subject:   Tools of the trade on the *nix platform?

I'm a bit perplexed at what tools I should look at for web/html
authoring stuff as I just (finally, been playing with BSD since 4.7)
switched all the main computers around me to FreeBSD (Gnome 2.8 and XFce
4.2.... GTK2) from Windows when 5.3 was released.
-------------------
For generating layout and large amounts of code I'd use Dreamweaver or
some other popular WYSIWYG editor.
For generating CSS code I'd use Bradbury's TopStyle.

For images etc. I would use Photoshop, PSP, or Gimp but mainly Photoshop.

I would use Allaire's HomeSite, programmers editor (jEdit, DevPHP) with
syntax highlighting (SQL, PHP, Perl, HTML, Etc.), or just notepad to
then make changes, clean up, fine tune, etc.

For code clean up I would use HTML Tidy and the W3C Validation Service
and for testing I'd use Gecko (mainly Mozilla or Firefox), Opera, and IE.
Can anyone recommend some tools for photo/image editing besides gimp?
How does one test against IE?
WYSIWYG (X)HTML Editor/Generators?
CSS Generators?

Thanks,