Date:      Wed, 7 Jul 1999 19:07:04 +0900 (JST)
From:      ohashi@mickey.ai.kyutech.ac.jp (Takeshi OHASHI)
To:        ettikan@nttmsc.com.my
Cc:        freebsd-hardware@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG, ohashi@mickey.ai.kyutech.ac.jp
Subject:   Re: PCCARD Installation

ettikan>>     I'm trying to install 3Com Fast Ethernet 10/100 Base-TX (model
ettikan>>3CCFE575BT-D) into my Dell laptop-freeBSD 2.2.8. Could some one help me with the
ettikan>>setup/installation procedure.

If the card is CardBus card, it would not be use on a normal FreeBSD box.

FreeBSD-2.2.8 and even -currnet don't support any CardBus cards, they
only support 16bits PC cards.

My 3Com 10/100 LAN CardBus PC card(3CCFE575BT-JP) works fine on
FreeBSD box, but the kernel is built by FreeBSD newconfig project.

http://www.jp.FreeBSD.org/newconfig/

Thanks.
--
Takeshi OHASHI