Date:      Thu, 19 Sep 1996 19:57:49 -0700
From:      Sean Eric Fagan <sef@Kithrup.COM>
To:        emulation@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: New doscmd available for testing/munching

>Despite promises to the contrary, I haven't been able to incorporate
>Sean's latest kernel work into this snapshot, as it doesn't work yet,
>and we haven't been able to sort out why.

Well, I just tested my new kernel with the last (not most current) doscmd,
and it passed my two tests:

	./doscmd /ls -l
	./doscmd -bx

(and, let me tell you:  seeing the "Enter date" prompt in the little window
is thrilling.  I know we can do it with pcemu, but this is using *my* kernel
changes, and *msmith's* doscmd, and I think it's much more exciting ;).)

I've placed the diffs in freebsd.org:~ftp/pub/sef/vm86-diffs-960919.  As
usual, these are relative to 2.1.5-RELEASE.  (To answer another question:  I
am using 2.1.5-RELEASE as my base because I am introducing lots of potental
bugs into the kernel, and I would rather use something very stable.  This
way, any crash I run into I can be 90% certain is due to my code, not
something in -current ;).)

Sean.