Date:      Wed, 27 Aug 1997 15:21:08 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Dave Hummel <hummel@www.snybuf.edu>
To:        The Classiest Man Alive <ksmm@cybercom.net>
Cc:        chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ATT Unix for Windows !

I can't speak for anyone else, but my own personal distaste stems not from
their borrowing technology from others (that's the whole idea of FSF and
free software in general), or for having crappy products (I don't HAVE to
use them). My main problem with Microsoft is that they put marketing above
quality and bully small companies into submission with the wealth they got
through luck (DOS) and aggressive marketing (95 and NT). The simple fact
is that monopolies are not conducive to quality, so whether a person likes
Microsoft or not he/she should be against a market dominated by them (or
any other corporation, although some are perhaps less evil than others).

<snip>