Date:      Wed, 01 Nov 2000 15:31:53 +0100
From:      Andreas Ntaflos <ntaflos.andreas@gmx.net>
To:        UCTC Sysadmin <ecsd@transbay.net>, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: dual-boot problems: ad0=freebsd, ad2=windows but booteasy only boots  freebsd when F5 is pressed

i had that problem too.
if i recall correctly, i kinda solved it by leaving the windows-disk on the primary
master channel, and having the MBR on that disk.

i dont know an other way to solve this, and when reinstalling windows, it overwrites
the MBR anyway with its own entries, no matter which disk it is, AFAIK.

but (i am not so sure as i am not very experienced with this yet) i think the MBR must
always be on the first disk on the first ide channel to work correctly...

dont know if this helps, anyway

regards
Andreas Ntaflos