Date:      Mon, 26 Jun 1995 00:06:49 -0400 (EDT)
From:      jan@bagend.atl.ga.us (Jan Isley)
To:        rgrimes@gndrsh.aac.dev.com (Rodney W. Grimes)
Cc:        rashid@haven.ios.com, hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: X server and Diam.St.64VRAM Vision968 + TI 3026 220Mhz RAMDAC - HOW ?

Rodney W. Grimes wrote:
> > Subject: XFree and Diam.Stealth 64VRAM 86C968-P + TI 220Mhz 3026 - HOW ? ?
> > Newsgroups: alt.uu.comp.os.linux.questions
alt.uu?

> > 	Sorry for the possible off-topic, but probably some1 here customized
> > 	S3 server for that particular chipset ( subject) ?

That would be the Diamond Stealth 64 Video VRAM.  I like mine. :)
The VRAM has a S3-964 and a Ti 3025 RAMDAC.  It should work now with
the XFree86 3.1.1 S3 driver.  The Video VRAM has a S3-968 and a Ti 3026
RAMDAC.  For the S3-968, the 3.1.1u2 S3 driver works with Linux now.

One of the commercial outfits claim to have a working driver for it.
They have (or had) a demo available via ftp.

> Wait for the next release of XFree86 (or ask the XFree86 folks) there is
> support in 3.1.1A and later for this card, but I don't know if that is
> a public release yet.

According to a recent exchange with Harald Koenig of XFree86 S3 driver
fame, this updated driver, and other goodies will not be available for
FreeBSD until they release 3.1.2 sometime in the next month or two.
--
Jan Isley <jan@bagend.atl.ga.us>
coordinator, usenet volunteer votetakers