Date:      Sun, 3 Feb 2008 15:15:59 -0500 (EST)
From:      Stuart Barkley <stuartb@4gh.net>
To:        Dan Kelley <ariesgeek@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Not capturing sound

On Sun, 3 Feb 2008 at 13:31 -0600, Dan Kelley wrote:

> Any other suggestions?

Often the record level is set by the record control.  Try:

    mixer =rec mic rec 100

Give us the output from the "mixer" command (without any arguments),
"dmesg | grep pcm" and the contents of /dev/sndstat.

Some sound devices also have a 20db pad on the mic input which may
need to be disabled.  Depending upon the specific sound driver there
may be a mixer control which changes this.

Stuart
http://www.4gh.net/tudor/resume.html
--
I've never been lost; I was once bewildered for three days, but never lost!
                                        --  Daniel Boone