Date:      Wed, 23 Feb 2005 15:42:14 +0000
From:      Freminlins <freminlins@gmail.com>
To:        Jorn Argelo <jorn@wcborstel.nl>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Is Yahoo! moving from FreeBSD?

On Wed, 23 Feb 2005 16:36:36 +0100, Jorn Argelo <jorn@wcborstel.nl> wrote:

> I don't think that they would. That'll be a massive migration involving lots
> and lots of costs. They have to pay for RedHat Enterprise too. The only reason
> I can think off is that they want support.Perhaps I missed a part, but I don't
> see the word FreeBSD in that article.

Although it doesn't state FreeBSD, I understand that Yahoo! runs stuff
on FreeBSD.

> Besides, the point of the article is not regarding a migration of Yahoo, but
> Linux and IT in general. It has nothing to do with Yahoo or FreeBSD. I think
> that the author of the article is simply mistaking.

I'n not sure I agree with that. The author stated "But in December,
Yahoo started to port ... to Red Hat Enterprise Linux 4.0" That would
suggest that Yahoo! is moving to Linux.

I am very interested in this as I have for several years used the
argument "we use the same OS as Yahoo!". We're not going to migrate to
Linux if Yahoo! does.

> Jorn.

Frem.