Date:      Mon, 31 Jul 2006 01:45:51 +1000
From:      Mikhail Goriachev <mikhailg@webanoide.org>
To:        Steven Lake <steven.lake@voyager.net>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Problems setting up and properly compiling imap-uw.

Steven Lake wrote:
> Looking for some help in this rather baffling issue.  I'm trying to get a new mail server setup with webmail capabilities (via squirrelmail) and I'm hitting a little snag. Squirrelmail says that the imap server won't accept plain text passwords, yet I compiled from source for plaintext using "make -E WITHOUT_SSL" and I also tried "make -E WITH_SSL_AND_PLAINTEXT". Neither worked. Squirrelmail still complains saying that the imap server doesn't allow plaintext passwords.
>
> Any idea what I can do to fix this? Is it a config file I have to change or something? I don't want nor need to do ssl for logins as this will be located on a secure lan, so I'd like to avoid all the crazy stuff that comes with doing an SSL setup. Any help is appreciated.

You're forgetting to assign values to your variables.

# make -E WITHOUT_SSL=yes

or

# make -E WITH_SSL_AND_PLAINTEXT=yes

Cheers,
Mikhail.

--
Mikhail Goriachev
Webanoide

Telephone: +61 (0)3 62252501
Mobile Phone: +61 (0)4 38255158
E-Mail: mikhailg@webanoide.org
Web: http://www.webanoide.org

PGP Key ID: 0x4E148A3B
PGP Key Fingerprint: D96B 7C14 79A5 8824 B99D 9562 F50E 2F5D 4E14 8A3B