Date:      Mon, 04 Oct 1999 21:44:00 -0600
From:      Wes Peters <wes@softweyr.com>
To:        Darryl Okahata <darrylo@sr.hp.com>
Cc:        "Daniel C. Sobral" <dcs@newsguy.com>, freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Developer assessment (was Re: A bike shed ...)

Darryl Okahata wrote:

>      ... however, how the H*LL are the clueless newbie hordes supposed
> to know or learn this?  As much as we'd like them to be, they're not
> exactly born with this knowledge, and I somehow doubt there's an "XXX
> for Dummies" book that covers this.

The old-fashioned way: look before you leap.  It is common courtesy to read
any newsgroup or mail list long enough to get a feel for it before jumping
in and making an ass of yourself.  We shouldn't have to rename a list called
freebsd-hackers into freebsd-hackers-clueless-newbies-stay-away just because
a couple of children have trouble accepting that nobody had the time to
answer their questions.

This is and has been common courtesy on Usenet newsgroups and Usenet,
later Internet mailing lists, since I've had Usenet access - about 1985.
If you don't know that, you don't even belong on the net, let alone this
newsgroup.