Date:      Tue, 30 May 1995 03:53:11 -0700 (PDT)
From:      "Rodney W. Grimes" <rgrimes@gndrsh.aac.dev.com>
To:        taob@gate.sinica.edu.tw (Brian Tao)
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: 950412 hangs on ncr0 probing:

> On Tue, 30 May 1995, Rodney W. Grimes wrote:
> >
> > Possibly, I have 2 other sites reporting strange signals and or
> > crashes and both of them have stepping 0 Intel 486DX4/100 CPU
> > chips.
>
>     If it helps to have a negative datapoint:  I have two ASUS 486
> PVI-SP3 motherboards with stepping 0 Intel 486DX4/100 CPU's and the
> PCI-SC200 NCR controller from ASUS, both running Quantum Empire 1080S
> drives.  No problems with the most recent snapshot (had them for
> almost a month now).

Incomplete data point, I need all the numbers from the chip, it could
very well be specific to one mask revision set (and the stepping won't
tell you *exactly* what mask set was used, you need the ``Spec''
number off the part (normally 2 letters and 3 digits).

Then Intel still needs me to provide the other numbers, so without
a complete set of numbers it is not a data point for me :-(.